Brush & Yard Waste Removal
Yard waste is collected on the same day as your regular garbage collection. It can be disposed of using one of the following methods:
- Composting on your property
- Placing yard and garden waste in bags or cans and placing at the curb for collection
- Separate yard waste (grass, brush, limbs) from other garbage and trash and take it to one of the three free yard waste recycling drop-off locations for residents of Hamilton County.
Brush & Special Pickup
The brush and construction material pickup is a free service offered by the City. Residents must call the Public Works Office at 513-563-1177 no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, for service.
Curbside brush and special pickup is a year-round program unless it is snowing and the Public Works Crew is treating the roads. The following procedure for brush and special pickup is as follows:
- Call the week before the pickup by noon Friday for service
- Have the materials out to the curb for removal on Sunday evening of the requested service week
- Public Works will come to your address one day of the service week to remove the materials
Twigs cannot be picked up; they are yard waste and must be disposed of with your regular trash collection. Brush and limbs must all be neatly stacked at the curb and with the cut ends facing the street in the same direction. Limbs can remain long as this will speed up the chipping process. Please keep brush and limbs separate from construction materials. Public Works employees are instructed to spend no more than 15 minutes per stop for both services. If your pickup is too large for the 15 minute time limit, please schedule a city truck through our Truck Loan Program.